Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekend travels

These last two weekends I have been busy traveling without Nick and the kids.  The first weekend was an overnight in Richmond for Meg's night out to celebrate her upcoming renewing of vows in October.  This was about a 28hour trip away from home.  Then this past weekend I went to the Outer Banks to celebrate Dinah's upcoming wedding in November.  I can't believe that my two best girlfriends are having their weddings 3 weeks apart!  I had a great time but I did miss my children.  It is amazing when I am away from them all I want to do is talk about them!  I realized that besides work they are my "social" and free time "appendages".  I feel more refreshed now that I have made my trips but I really do have a hard time leaving them.  Nick did a great job but I was very happy to get home both times to see my babies waiting in the driveway to see me!   Here are a couple of pictures from the trips:





The ladies at Outer Banks for Dinah's weekend

The beautiful bride to be

Yes we had to do face masks.  Too bad Dinah's was clear!


We went to the Currituck Wine Festival.  Hosted by the vineyard Dinah will be married!

Friends from Elementary school, Cindy, Dinah and me

Dinah ready to hang glide

Ready for the flight in the air, but it was too gusty so we had to go back on Sunday

On Sunday, Dinah gliding! 

Dinah taking off from another flight

Julie getting ready to land

No comments:

Post a Comment