Saturday, October 1, 2011

Front yard Camping

Last night Natalie and I had an adventure.  I decided that it was time that she learned about camping.  I had planned the trip for the backyard but we ended up in the front yard.  Meg gave me a new tent about a year ago that had not been opened yet and it is awesome.  They have definitely made improvements in the tents in the last 20 years.  Okay enough about my tent....we started off the evening with the kids helping me put up the tent and finding sticks for the fire.  I went and bought a fire ring for the "campfire" and Nick wanted the fire on the driveway.  Oh the life of suburbia.  We then had a cookout and ate on the deck.  We invested in the mosquito terminators this year so it was insect free which was great.  Of course Natalie requested that the high chairs be brought outside too.  After dinner we went out front and attempted the fire.  On attempt two I got a good little blaze going (only having to use one piece of newspaper).  Natalie and I watched the fire blaze and Nick put Justin to bed.  Natalie and I had a great time singing around the fire.  Then when Nick came back out the flames were gone and we had good ambers for roasting marshmallows.  Natalie preferred cold marshmallows on the stick and her chocolate separate.  Nick and I enjoyed s'mores.  Then we did give in a let her watch one episode of Dora.  Then back outside to the tent for bedtime.  Natalie enjoyed playing with the flashlights.  We did great until about 3AM when Natalie told me just once that she needed to pee.  I thought that she had gone back to sleep but then at 4AM she told me that she had  pee peed in the tent.  So that brought us back inside for clean clothes.  Overall we had a great camping experience and she is ready to go again.  Here are some pictures of course!





No comments:

Post a Comment