Saturday, June 25, 2011
Journal Writing
I just picked up Natalie's journal and realized that I had not written to her for the last 2 1/2 months. I try really hard to give an update every month so that they can look back and hopefully see their personality when they are older. Justin was a little bit luckier on his and it was just over a month since the last update. I have found the journal helpful already with comparing gross motor activity between Natalie and Justin. Natalie was ahead of Justin! I hope that they will read the journals when they are older especially when they have children of their own and see what we had to deal with and how we dealt with it. Nick will write in the journals about once a year. I am glad that one of my friends gave me Natalie's journal as a baby shower gift. At first I started with the idea of simple updates on big baby movements but now I find that it is easier to write paragraphs about the current activities. My mom always said that she was going to make us books from our childhood but Jeff's is still in the utility room I believe and being the third child I know that I will not get one! It is true that the first child definitely gets more documentation with solo pictures and written momentos. Now I just have to remember to pick the journals up and write in them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment